PopWhore

I am an absolute WHORE for pop culture! Welcome to my obsession!

8.04.2006

I am impressed. This is so cool!

Just when we were mourning the death of the music video 25 years after the birth of MTV (that birthday was Tuesday, BTW), along comes this gem from OK Go. This is the smartest thing I've seen in a music video since Fatboy Slim's "Weapon of Choice" came out with Christopher Walken doing his little dance. I do have to say though that I didn't first spot this video on MTV. I get my videos online now, so I guess I can say the medium has changed. I rarely watch MTV anymore, I guess I'm old enough to graduate to Vh1 which plays a little more "mature" fare, if you know what I mean. But when I want to see a muisc video, I can see them on demand now, online, at my leisure. Or right now, when I'm at work!

OK Go:


Fatboy Slim:


The birth of MTV, August 1, 1981:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home